Outlining stories

Can you recommend some good resources for writing outlines for short fiction? I have this book which focuses on novel writing, and I'd like a comparable resource for short stories, novellas, and other, shorter pieces.

I've recently been converted to the "outline everything first" philosophy. The aforementioned Weiland book is proving very useful for my longer project, and I love the "how to guide" style Weiland uses. Is there a similar resource on outlining and planning short fiction? I'm looking more for full-length books and less for blog articles or bullet-points.
posted by deathpanels to Writing & Language (1 answer total) 12 users marked this as a favorite

I have used Shaping the Story to brainstorm short fiction with a group. It may be more useful for generating ideas than if you are further down the road with the story.
posted by BibiRose at 6:43 AM on June 4, 2013

« Older I'm looking for examples of ba...   |  My partner and I are moving fr... Newer »