Can anyone recommend a feature-rich web app for online communities. Must be able to manage documents, permissions, events etc. Hosted or self-hosted will do. Full details inside.
I've been asked to create an extremely feature-rich bespoke web app for a Resident's Association. The feature requirements are extremely high and their budget is predictably relatively low, around £800 ($1000), which entirely prevents bespoke development of this app. Are there any solutions that might tick all their boxes?
A summarised list of the requirements:
- Four distinct user levels - Superadmin, Property admin, property user, and temporary user. All users have a whole barrel of data associated with them.
- 22 Properties, each with per-property admin, set by superadmin.
- Property admins can set up property users and temporary users for their specific property.
- Superadmin can set up all users, and temporary users for the entire association.
- Each user level has different arrangements of notifications.
- Full document management, with different documents available to members of different levels and properties.
- Event management, with notifications, reminders, user level support and attendance support.
- Online polls, with optionally anonymous results, and user level support. Email prompts for votes missing.
- Online summaries of lots of the data of these various systems.
Now, I'm aware that I could hack together some kind of hodge-podge of plugins on Wordpress, but I'd be very surprised if that didn't cause way more headaches than solutions. I've suggested setting up forums and wikis, and both have been rejected. I've suggested various online groups solutions, like Google Groups and Facebook Groups, but they're not happy with the feature set of those.
Are there any pre-built web apps around which cover these bases? As mentioned, I'm happy with either hosted or self-hosted.
If there are no suggestions, I'm going to suggest a combination of Dropbox/Google Drive, a Google Calendar, and an email mailing list.