Google Reader replacement?
May 12, 2013 12:38 PM Subscribe
Google Reader is going away soon. What should I replace it with? Specific requirements inside.
posted by grouse to computers & internet (38 answers total) 85 users marked this as a favorite
- Import existing feeds from Google Reader.
- Import starred items from Google Reader.
- Web interface that works with Firefox on Windows and Linux.
- Keyboard navigation on web interface that allows quickly moving from one whole article to the next (not just titles).
- Android app that allows quickly moving from one whole article to the next.
- iPad app.
- Offline storage on Android and iPad apps.
- Ability to star/flag items for future follow-up.
- Folder organization of feeds.
- Export to Pocket.
- Easy subscription of feeds from Firefox.
- Would prefer something free but am willing to pay money.
- Easy sharing of items via email/Facebook/Twitter/Google+.
There was a flurry of posts about Reader replacements when Google first announced they were pulling the plug, including an Ask MetaFilter post, "Recommended replacements for Google Reader?"
I figured that after a couple of months some of the dust will have settled, new services may have been developed, and people would know which services can handle the increased load of Reader refugees.