Auditorium rental in NYC?

I need to rent an auditorium or theatre for a night. My organization is having its annual meeting and they need 200 seats, a meeting room, and a reception area. Is there a directory of theaters/auditoriums/conference centers in NYC?

I've been Googling "nyc auditorium rental" and "nyc theater rental," so I've got that covered.
posted by chelseagirl to Media & Arts (6 answers total)

Check with a large hotel. They frequently host events of the size you've described. Hotels really geared for event services may be listed as "hotel and conference center".
posted by onhazier at 7:47 AM on September 8, 2005

Ditto on the hotels, any larger hotel is going to have a conference center which should include a ballroom space, plus they'll be able to set up seats, tables, etc. to any configuration you require (for a price of course).
posted by Pollomacho at 8:07 AM on September 8, 2005

Ethical Culture Society
posted by NorthCoastCafe at 9:21 AM on September 8, 2005

Here's a short listing of some NYC event sites. A good event planner should be able to hook you up with even more.
posted by missmerrymack at 9:52 AM on September 8, 2005

Here is the directory from the New York Convention Bureau (or NYC Company as it is called now)
posted by tuxster at 11:32 AM on September 8, 2005

The advantage of using a hotel is that they have on-site event planners and caterers and can provide your guests a place to stay.
posted by onhazier at 11:44 AM on September 8, 2005

« Older I want to prepare a Russian-Do...   |  What are some really good fran... Newer »