I am moving to Newburyport, MA in two weeks. Please help me land smoothly with recommendations for hairstylists, dog care, preferred ISPs, and anything else that pops to mind.
After a long and arduous job hunt, I landed something great in the North Shore area outside of Boston. I've secured an adorable apartment in Newburyport, have movers booked, and am starting to think about all of the smaller details of living there. I've lived in the same town for the last 10 years, and one thing I've really loved is knowing who to go to for anything I needed. Please help me land on my feet by contributing your recommendations for:
- Hairstylists - I have very thick, cowlick-laden white girl hair; I like a hairstylist who really listens and has mad execution skills, because sometimes I like really precise, crazy cuts. I do not care one whit about their skill with color, because I don't ever color my hair.
- Dog care - vets, day care, grooming, and boarding places. My current spot is great, as it has almost all of those services in the same place. I've used a local non-profit for 95% of Poodle's
vet care, as it's incredibly cheap for annual vaccinations - if something like that exists in the area, I'd love to know about it.
- ISPs - who's the favorite/best deal in the area? I've been with Comcast for years (due to lack of alternatives) and hate them with the fire of a million suns.
- Auto mechanics - I've got a Toyota. It's in good shape, but this is one of those things I like to be prepared for ahead of time.
- Specialty grocery stores - I like to cook and bake and can, where do I go for the best cheese, bread, and your less common spices? Where's the best farmers' market? International grocery store?
- Bars and restaurants - I went to Salt
when I was interviewing, and it was exactly the kind of place I like. What other great cocktail bars are around? What's the best comfy dive bar to sit in and play Scrabble? Best place to get a burger?
- Anything else you think is worth recommending! Some stuff I'll be happy to go into Boston for (especially the hairstylist), other stuff I'm hoping to find within walking distance of home or work.