Is my laptop going to kill me?
March 3, 2013 1:49 PM Subscribe
I got a shock from my laptop the other day and now I'm afraid to use it...
posted by DMelanogaster to computers & internet (12 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
It was plugged in and I touched it and I got a pretty bad shock. My husband carefully (holding it between two rubber-soled sneakers) unplugged it and shut it down.
Then he booted it up the next day and didn't get a shock. He says that the place where the plug goes in, in the laptop, seems to be loose, and maybe that's why there is some sort of short that happens. He believes that this is the kind of situation where fixing it would require replacement of the motherboard, which would not be worth it (the laptop is a few months past its three-year warranty -- it's a Toshiba Satellite).
I really like this laptop! Could the shock have been lethal? could another shock from it BE lethal?
What should I do?