electrician / HVAC recommendation for Derby, CT?

Hi there, My mom needs a new furnace & hot water heater. Both are super old and and need to be replaced. Both will be electric, she lives in a condo and doesn't have gas or propane. Can anyone recommend an electrician or HVAC company in the area? I'm checking our Sears and have a recommendation for Aire Serve from an acquaintance. Thanks!
posted by reddot to Home & Garden (4 answers total)

First thing, go to your gas/electric utility and see if they offer rebates, same with the state and the Feds. Typically your utility will have contractors who will provide the services.

Check put tankless hot water, our gas company paid $350 towards it and we got a rebate from the Feds for $900.
posted by Ruthless Bunny at 8:53 AM on February 24, 2013

I had an OK experience with Hulse in Stratford - don't know if they range up to Derby but worth a call. It was a little difficult to get him out for a quote, but the work itself was done timely and well and came in on the low end of the bids we gathered.
posted by These Premises Are Alarmed at 3:48 PM on February 25, 2013

We've used Tri-City (North Haven) and had good results.
posted by disconnect at 10:57 AM on February 26, 2013

Thanks everyone!

She has electric only, so I don't think that electric tankless would be a good fit. I got a gas tankless 18 months ago and we love it.

Good call on the rebates! I tracked down a bunch.

And thanks for the specific recommendations.
posted by reddot at 6:31 AM on March 3, 2013

« Older My rooted verizon galaxy nexus...   |  My parents would like to get a... Newer »