Tools for better sightsinging

I've done a little sight-reading in the past but it's never been my strong point. I do understand the basics - the intervals, time signatures, etc. I'd like to get better at this by using an online tool or iPhone app. Something that presents you with a bar that you sing to yourself and then plays it for you would be good, but I'm open to hearing about other options. So far I've looked at Singsolatido - which is good for practicing intervals but I want to work on more than one note at a time.
posted by bunderful to Education (2 answers total) 17 users marked this as a favorite

I also found PlaybyEar, which is great for ear-training - it has a function where a melody is played and I sing it back - but still not quite what I'm looking for.
posted by bunderful at 11:41 AM on February 22, 2013 [1 favorite]

Perfect Ear Pro has worked pretty well for some of my students
posted by joboe at 5:56 PM on March 10, 2013 [1 favorite]

« Older A two part question about sell...   |  Soft shell jacket for a slende... Newer »