Best 4-5 day ski trip in (probably) Colorado in late March?
February 21, 2013 4:42 PM Subscribe
3 coworkers want to plan a 4-5 day ski trip, probably to Colorado, in mid-to-late March. Convenience is key (we want to spend more time skiing and less time traveling), budget is roughly $1,000-$2,000 (including airfare, transit, lodging, ski/board+boot rentals, and lift tickets). Where do we go?
posted by xiaolongbao to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (12 answers total)
- We've only skied/boarded on the east coast/Europe before
- We're average-strong skiers/snowboarders
- Nightlife is less of a concern but a plus if it's there
- We could be convinced to go elsewhere if you think we're going about this all wrong, Tremblant was tossed out as an alternative, but we'd kinda like to see what's all the fuss about this gorgeous powder and lack of ice on the west coast
Even more details:
- We were considering staying in Frisco based on some advice we read around the web, then skiing at Keystone, Copper, Breckenridge and/or Winter Park.
- We'd fly into Denver; might rent a car if needed/recommended.
- We thought about renting a small condo or home since the hotels looked pretty minimalistic.
All thoughts very much appreciated. Any questions, please ask me.