What Else To Improve Dating Prospects?
February 14, 2013 2:48 AM Subscribe
A year ago, I posted about whether I should have any plastic surgery done to improve my dating prospects as an "ethnic" gay man in a major US urban area. Six months ago, after a lot of introspection and a commitment to psychological counseling to help me build my self-esteem, I decided to pursue primary rhinoplasty. Here is what I've learned in the time since I last posted about how to improve my dating prospects:
(1) Of course, I believe that friendships and romantic connections are more to do with personality, intelligence, values, etc than faces and bodies. At the risk of seeming superficial, I am posting here only in respect of the issue of physical attractiveness (because, unfortunately, it is given primacy above all else by most gay men where I live)
(2) I feel that the results of my surgery are quite good. They are not perfect, but the quest for physical perfection is illusory anyway.
(3) I feel much better about the way I look and who I am than I did last year and seeing a therapist has helped me tremendously. But I am still plagued by doubts about whether I will be physically appealing enough to other attractive-but-not-modelesque gay men like me.
(4) I don't know whether more plastic surgery will change anything for the better or make it more likely that other attractive-but-not-modelesque gay will take an interest in me.
(5) I am beginning to wonder if the reason most of my friendly messages to said gay men on dating websites are ignored because I am "batting outside of my league" without realizing it.
My question is as follows and can be answered with reference to this link:
(A) Regarding (4) above --> Based on the photos you see do you see anything else that might benefit from surgery to improve my attractiveness?