I am new to both New York City AND gym membership. Can you recommend a gym? I'm particularly looking for one that doesn't require a year-long contract.
Well, Guy Fieri
was apparently the magical charm I needed, and I just scored a new job in New York. I'm running a half-marathon in May that I need to train for. The cold weather always provides a convenient excuse for me to ditch running, so I'd like to temporarily join a gym until the weather gets nicer. Here are my gym requirements in order of importance:
1. I live just south of the Park Slope area of Brooklyn, work in Midtown. Prefer something in home neighborhood but okay with something in work neighborhood if it's worth it.
2. Does not require year-long contract (No contract is best, but the longest I'll do is six months.)
3. Has good classes (yoga, strength-training, etc.)
4. Primary equipment used would be treadmill and weights
5. Open both very early and very late
6. Not super crowded
7. Not super pricey (I do not need fancy things like a sauna, etc.)