FinnAir baggage weight policy

Does FinnAir (in your recent experience) enforce its 8kg/18lb weight limit for carry-on bags in economy class?

(By enforce, I mean actually weigh.)

My one bag is a modest, new-looking backpack (not pushing any of their size limits), if that matters in their perception. (It is a backpack but I don't look like a 'backpacker').

I'll be flying JFK-HEL-VIE and back.
posted by kalapierson to Travel & Transportation (5 answers total)

Whenever this subject comes up on flyertalk, the answer is that as long as your bag is the right size, they will never weigh it.

For absolute maximum safety, check-in online and eliminate the only place that they are likely to double check.
posted by Lame_username at 2:12 PM on February 6, 2013

Not in my experience. I fly to Helsinki at least 5 times a year and I've never had hand baggage weighed.
posted by dmt at 3:20 PM on February 6, 2013

The only other thing that might make them weigh your bag is if you yourself are unable to lift it into the overhead compartment.
posted by mskyle at 4:58 PM on February 6, 2013

I flew Finnair about six months ago. They did not weigh my hand luggage. It was a small backpack.
posted by lollusc at 12:07 AM on February 7, 2013

Thanks all! Indeed, there was no weighing (and with online check-in, no point where there would've been any means to weigh), either JFK-HEL or HEL-VIE.
posted by kalapierson at 11:31 PM on February 8, 2013

« Older I have always been one of thos...   |  I was DLA Piper's wikipedia pa... Newer »