How do I buy a business? I have an opportunity, but not a f*cking clue.
February 3, 2013 9:00 AM Subscribe
Hi, metafilter. Been a long time. I find myself in a very weird position, because I have a potential chance to buy a business that already has a very successful foothold in my industry. The weird position comes from not having a single clue as to where to start.
posted by Jim On Light to work & money (13 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
Without bleeding any of the details, basically it's like this:
* I have an opportunity to buy a very successful business in my industry.
* I have no idea as to where to start looking for things like financing, due diligence, etc.
* I will take over as the master craftsman/artist at this business.
* The business is currently doing almost $1,000,000 a year in profit.
* I would be the future of this business.
* This business would be my future.
Can anyone point me into the right direction? Pretty please? I know I can rock this if I get the chance; I just don't know where to start with anything regarding financing, or any of it.