January 30, 2013 11:26 AM Subscribe
This snowflake is woefully under-hoodied: I cannot locate a hoodie which meets my specific nitpicky criteria. Can YOU?
posted by julthumbscrew to Shopping (15 answers total) 20 users marked this as a favorite
I'm female, 5'8", long-ish torso, large-ish bust. I'm both muscular and slightly chubby (just like a good steak!) I typically buy XL or 1X shirts. I need a new hoodie. I've scoured tons of retail stores. I've checked REI, EMS, Campmor, Sierra Trading Post, Carharrt, Duluth Trading Post, Land's End, Eddie Bauer, Athleta, Lululemon... you name it. No dice, and no hoodie for me. Sob! My ideal hoodie would possess all of the following qualities:
- It needs a full-length front zipper (or some other way to take it off WITHOUT pulling it over my head).
- It needs at least the standard two side pockets, and they must zip/button/fasten in some way.
- It needs to have thumbholes.
- It needs to have a hood.
- It should ideally be made of merino or some other form of wool, but other fabrics with similar properties (breathes well, dries quickly, wears like iron, NEVER stinks) might be okay.
- It cannot be cotton.
- It cannot be fleece/microfleece,Polarfleece/ubermenschenfleece.
- It should have at least a little bit of shaping (e.g. not be a shapeless potato sack).
- It should be pretty durable, because I'm one of those people who inadvertently destroys everything they touch.