iOS to WP8?
January 24, 2013 9:14 AM Subscribe
My company is considering switching our work phones over from iOS phones to Windows Phone 8, and I've been asked to report back with how this will affect our ability to work.
posted by Vhanudux to technology (8 answers total)
I've wanted to try out Windows Phone, but I am a little worried as to whether I'll be able to get my work done effectively with it.
My wheelhouse within the company is digital marketing, which includes some website development, social media outreach and digital strategy.
My main areas of concern:
1. Gmail - I use gMail for work/personal, but I'm aware that MSFT is implementing a fix here - not so worried
2. YouTube - We're often tasked with taking photos/video at events. I've heard that Google's been denying WP8 some YouTube support, and that folks have had to use 3rd party services. Will these get the job done?
3. Work/Personal - Most of us use our work phones for personal use as well. With how WP8 syncs contacts across platforms, will this help or hurt work/life separation?
4. Twitter/Facebook - Are the apps decent? I'm aware that there are fewer options for social media management, so I'm hoping the official ones are satisfactory.
5. Browser - I get that IE doesn't completely suck anymore, but I've heard going off of Webkit means there are some compatibility issues. Is it decent?
Any advice on these, or other matters? Should I tell them to claw my iPhone 4 from my cold, dead hands, or embrace the change?