Podcasts as good as Scriptnotes, but for prose?
January 18, 2013 3:41 AM Subscribe
I've recently started listening to Scriptnotes
, a great podcast by John August and Craig Mazin about screenwriting. Is there a similar podcast about novel/short story writing, or indeed writing in general? Podcasts I already subscribe to and key things I like about Scriptnotes inside.
posted by Happy Dave to writing & language (4 answers total) 16 users marked this as a favorite
Reasons I like Scriptnotes:
- Great hosts with the ability to have genuinely funny back and forth banter
- Very knowledgeable and genuinely experienced in the field they're talking about
- Huge range of topics from the business side of things to software tools to creativity
- Not genre-specific (although I'd be up for an SF-focused version, if one existed)
- Well edited and produced without a lot of rambling, awkward silences or awkwarder banter.
- Regular Q&As and experimentation with new features (i.e. it's not a totally rigid format)
Podcasts I already subscribe to/would rule out:
- Writing Excuses (do subscribe, but it's very genre-focused and they talk over each other a lot).
- I should be writing (did subscribe, found the one-person-talking intros not very engaging and the editing/rambling quotient a bit high)