Workload management software for a consultant team?
January 17, 2013 8:37 PM Subscribe
I'm stepping into a new role at work in which I'll manage a team of consultants. Each consultant will work on a few projects at once, each with its own start date, duration, total number of hours, etc. Is there some software out there that can help me track their activity?
posted by donblood to Computers & Internet (9 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
I'm looking for software that will:
* Allow me to track individuals and the team as a whole
* Create different types of projects with fixed durations (i.e. 6 months total) and number of hours (i.e. 100 hours for the entire project)
* Assign different projects to different consultants and track their progress (i.e. 20 hours worked to date over 10 days)
* Create a workload outlook for each consultant over the next month, 3 months, etc - how many hours do they have free? How many are overcommitted?
* Model different workload assignments for each consultant
Excel is the last resort. I started creating a frankenbeast of a spreadsheet and it's driving me crazy. How do other consultant teams manage this stuff?
Thanks in advance, AskMefi!