How can I make my website update itself automatically?
January 17, 2013 12:35 PM Subscribe
I'm creating a simple website. It will be a single page with a photograph and a block of text. I will need to update it with a new photograph and a new block of text at a certain time each day, say midnight. I anticipate being able to do this manually most of the time, but would like an option to somehow pre-load at least one photo and text block and have the site automatically update if needed. It would also be great to have multiple days' worth ready to go without human intervention.
posted by The Deej to computers & internet (9 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
- I can do this in Dreameaver on a hosted domain, or use Wordpress, or whatever solution works.
- I'm not a code-monkey, but have no problem with cutting and pasting code, editing parameters, etc.
- I don't care if the solution involves "bouncing" the main URL to a date-specific one. (For example: www.mysite.com bounces to www.mysite.com/013113.htm at a specific time on January 13.)
- This doesn't have to be fancy or clever; I value simplicity and sustainability.
- I don't mind if the best solution requires a purchase.
- By "automatic" I don't mean I pay someone to do it for me; I can already do that.
Thanks in advance!