Where should we go on holiday in mid-February?
January 15, 2013 12:40 PM Subscribe
Me and my girlfriend want to go on holiday in mid-February. Where should we go/what should we do?
posted by xchmp to Travel & Transportation (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Some facts and criteria:
- We're planning to go for four or five nights in mid-February (during the week rather than over a weekend so we'll be there for my birthday.)
- Our maximum budget for flights and accommodation is £350 (per person)
- We're UK based so we're mostly looking at European destinations
- We enjoy wandering around looking at interesting things. We like museums, markets, offbeat tourist attractions, etc.
- Tasty local food would be great. (My girlfriend doesn't like fish, though.)
- The weather needs to be significantly warmer than mid-February in the UK - wandering around interesting places is more fun if it's warm(ish).
- Maybe getting over-specific, but we're planning to fly out of either Manchester or East Midlands, so destinations served by those airports would be best
Where would be an awesome place to visit, hive-mind?