Good Tools for Sourcing and Curating news on Niche Topics?

Part of my current job involves searching and curating news articles on a variety of topics, related to alternative investing. Currently, my workflow involves scouring Google Reader, Google News, Google Alerts, and some specialized newsletters. I'd like to automate this more. Sadly, I'm struggling to find good tools to make the process easier. What does MeFi recommend?
posted by SansPoint to Technology (2 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

If these news sources have rss or similar feeds I'd look at getting someone conversant with Yahoo Pipes to automate the scouring for you using whatever keywords you use to create one feed you can subscribe to in Google Reader.

I've built a few similar things before and it's pretty doable.
posted by merocet at 11:39 AM on January 10, 2013

I've used Feedly, which is basically an RSS reader, to help automate the process for myself a bit.

http://www.feedly.com/
posted by forkisbetter at 8:05 AM on January 11, 2013

« Older I've been looking at environme...   |  My buddies and I are signed up... Newer »