Looking for a website to plan a sports trip

I'm looking for a website where I could select a date & US city and it would tell me if professional sports teams are playing locally on that date.

My friends and I are planning a sports trip in March. We would like to see hockey and basketball (as baseball and football will be off-season).

We are trying to find out which cities will have a basketball AND a hockey game during our vacations.
posted by kag to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Assuming you're looking at NHL, the Hockey schedule doesn't exist yet (the strike isn't even *officially* over), so for now your question is unanswerable.
posted by brainmouse at 11:06 AM on January 7, 2013

Of course I know that the NHL schedule is not out yet. But it's supposed to come out this week and this is precisely why I'd like to have a website to help us.
posted by kag at 11:14 AM on January 7, 2013

Ah, OK cool. In that case, if you're willing to enter both a city & a date range, how about just using Ticketmaster. It doesn't seem to make nice URLs for searches, but hopefully here's a search for Sports events in Charlotte, NC from 3/15-3/18. I assume once NHL tickets are available they will be on there.
posted by brainmouse at 11:23 AM on January 7, 2013

« Older I am looking for a copy of a 1...   |  So I'm looking to move from SF... Newer »