Philly Blogs

Help me find the best-written most interesting blogs writing about Philadelphia.
posted by Rory Marinich to Computers & Internet (12 answers total) 12 users marked this as a favorite
posted by ootsocsid at 5:05 AM on January 3, 2013 : a salty-mouthed blogger takes on Philly's architectural past and (mainly) dishes on the stupid proposals and plans that have brought us public debt, empty lots, and a lack of zeppelin parking. : views on proposals, development, and "hidden" areas of the city. : awesome photographs and stories from the City Archives.

The Historical Society of Pennsylvania has some great blogs, especially PhilaPlace.

Are you interested in a specific area or interest within Philly?
posted by jetlagaddict at 5:11 AM on January 3, 2013 [1 favorite]

The best blog covering the Philadelphia comedy scene is
posted by inturnaround at 5:32 AM on January 3, 2013

posted by Diskeater at 6:17 AM on January 3, 2013

Eyes on the Street by PlanPhilly is pretty much my favorite Philadelphia development-oriented blog. The main Plan Philly is less bloggish and more like the best newspaper about Philadelphia development/urban planning around.

The inside baseball/real estate geek in me thrills to the surprisingly irreverent blog of the Planning Commission, called Philadelphia Planeto.
posted by joyceanmachine at 6:58 AM on January 3, 2013

I'm most interested personally in art and culture, but I didn't want to ask specifically for that because I'd like to start reading about my city in ways that I haven't before.
posted by Rory Marinich at 7:47 AM on January 3, 2013

It isn't a blog about Philadelphia necessarily, but Philly resident Charlie O'Hay (poet, author of Far From Luck) blogs at It Ain't All Pizzas & Cream, and tells some evocative slice of life stories about his life in the city. I don't live there, but I enjoy his anecdotes.
posted by El Sabor Asiatico at 8:28 AM on January 3, 2013

Here's one of the Penn Museum's blogs: In the Artifacts Lab

(I volunteer/freelance work there, but nearly every museum in the city has their own blog and many of them are really great.) : Modern art focus; lots of links to galleries and other sites. Mostly-but-not-only Philly-centric.
posted by jetlagaddict at 10:45 AM on January 3, 2013

Young Philly Politics

Plan Philly

So many good ones. Of course, some big kids like Atrios and Billmon are local too. And there are specialized blogs around foodieness, beers, and whatever else -- check blogrolls or do some searches to find more. Philadelphia Playground Project is a current personal favorite, but then again, I have a kid in need of playgrounds! :))
posted by acm at 1:51 PM on January 3, 2013

misspoke -- didn't mean Billmon but Booman. must be time to head home!!
posted by acm at 1:53 PM on January 3, 2013

Nobody's mentioned loladelphia? Lets correct that.
posted by TimeDoctor at 6:49 PM on January 4, 2013
posted by sepviva at 9:44 PM on January 4, 2013

« Older Weddings for Dummies filter: W...   |  Thinking of switching from PC ... Newer »