Boot re-soling in Oxford (UK)

Can anyone recommend a decent old-skool cobbler in or near Oxford (UK) to re-sole a prized pair of R. M. Williams boots?

The boots would cost about £250 to replace so are worth spending some money on, but I want a good job for the money. Personal recommendations strongly preferred. Note: "The Oxford Cobbler" has 3 poor reviews on Google, and if it's the boot shop in the Covered Market it had (unless my mind has gone--not impossible) a "going out of business" sign on it last Friday.
posted by Logophiliac to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Can't speak to the UK, but in the US, there are mail-in services that will do this (including but not limited to the RM Williams retail store in New York).

Perhaps there's something similar in your neck of the woods?
posted by weaponsgradecarp at 11:34 AM on December 30, 2012

And they do! So obvious and I never even thought of it. Thanks weaponsgradecarp,
posted by Logophiliac at 6:36 PM on December 30, 2012

« Older I just got a friend's ancient ...   |  I have an album by The Cult ca... Newer »