Is it even possible to have a "night on the town" with ~20 women without going crazy?
December 26, 2012 5:47 PM Subscribe
I'm currently a maid of honor in NYC. My bride wants to invite 24 ladies to a night on the town for her bachelorette party. Please help us not kill each other.
posted by thirdletter to human relations (13 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Bachelorette party is in March. I need to get a move on, but I'm stumped -- how do I accomplish this with such a large group?
Bride and I are the only NYC residents of the bridal party, and only a few of the other potential invitees are from the area... So it needs to be something relatively accessible, but I will not abide any Times Square shenanigans. Bride (and I) will get grumpy if things are too loosey goosey, and she has a low tolerance for tackiness but has requested a "night on the town" and definitely wants a reason to dress up.
- Aimless bar crawling is simply not possible with 20 people
- No club hopping, No male revue, No Lucky Chengs
- No women-only activities - there will be at least one man in attendance
- Bridal Shower is being held in suburban New Jersey in the afternoon, and attendees of both will likely take NJT into Penn
- Loves to dress up and flirt
- Will "kill us" if we make her give/get a lapdance
- Has fairly mainstream but classic/classy taste
- Has lived in Brooklyn for several years and won't be impressed by supertrendy places
- Is in her mid-twenties, with friends the same age. We don't have a million bucks to spend
Thank you in advance for your recommendations of activities/venues/strategies!