Prepping for a five hour layover in Houston (and lots of other holiday traveling in the next three weeks). What are your favorite movies or shows to watch while traveling?
I anticipate lots of time spent in airports* and on planes in the next 3 weeks. Prepping for this by loading up my laptop and/or Nexus 7 with great movies & shows to watch!
- Doesn't necessarily have to be travel or holiday themed, but I'll take 'em. (Might feel a little hokey day of. I don't know.)
- No nudity, please! Minimal gore & violence. The movie doesn't have to be G or PG rated, but I don't want to have to shield my screen from the six year old who will inevitably be kicking my seat and peeking through the seats.
- Not action-heavy. I suffer from motion sickness (though I'll be taking dramamine). Nothing to make it worse please!
- Nothing that takes enormous
brain power. 12+ hours is a long time to kill. I do NOT want to fall asleep (don't want to mess up my sleep cycle too badly). The easier to follow the better. I'm okay with guilty-pleasure stuff. This thread
is actually pretty handy, but I'd like some variety. (Plus I've seen some of those lots of times already...). Easier psychological thrillers, perhaps?
- I haven't seen a lot of movies in the past 3 years or so. No need to self-limit just because "Oh, but everyone's seen THAT."
- If you have a favorite (regardless of my requirements), I want to hear it anyway! (Just let me know if it breaks rule #1.)
- Tears or fears okay. I have no problems with weeping on the plane. Emotions are good.
- I think TV shows are the perfect length, but I've had really bad luck with rewatching shows. Most recently watched "Whites
" on hulu and really enjoyed it (to my surprise). Would definitely require subs on a flight, though.
I'd like to arm myself with a variety and then pick and choose day of based on mood. Purposely haven't listed too much about the stuff I like to keep things open. I usually have absolutely no problems with indie films or subtitles, but I don't know how great they'll fare while traveling. SUGGEST AWAY!
* I don't have high hopes, but is there anything exciting to do in IAH during my layover?