What are my strengths and weaknesses?
December 10, 2012 2:02 PM Subscribe
College senior - help me find what I'm good at, and how I can make use it.
posted by Seeking Direction to Education (28 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
I'm a senior in college, yet I'm completely lost when it comes to the future. So here's a random list of things that may or may not make sense.
What I like:
- Music. (I play the saxophone and the piano, and have tried to learn the guitar in the past.)
- Birdwatching and nature in general.
- Cars and things that go in general.
- Solving computer problems (have done some work, for example, at my church).
- Studying the workings of the brain.
What I don't like:
- My major (biology, struggling in it with a 2.8-ish GPA, but changing it is out of the question).
- Regurgitating loads of information without understanding it as in this major.
- Repetitive lab work.
- Popularity contests, manipulators, and braggers.
My Myers-Briggs personality type, as you might have guessed, is INTP.
I admit I didn't really know what I wanted when I went to college. The place I ended up at is OK, but wasn't really the best fit for me. (I was too hung up on rankings.)
I'd like to go to some type of grad program, but I still can't seem to decide! Also, who will consider me with my lousy GPA (which, by the way, was in part due to health problems)?
How do I put together the pieces of this puzzle?