how to break 15 minute track into 15 1-minute tracks?

I use an H2 Zoom recorder. How can I break up our sessions into different tracks, after the fact?

We recorded a long music session today, and I'd like to break it into tracks, on the Zoom, rather than dumping one enormous track into GarageBand. Any idea how?
posted by Ollie to Technology (3 answers total)

I don't think you can break the tracks up on the Zoom. If you don't like doing the cutting in Garage Band, give Audacity a try.
posted by b1tr0t at 5:12 PM on December 8, 2012 [2 favorites]

Even if you could you'd lose your mind. Yeah, just open them in Audacity or any other stereo audio editor and cut and paste to your heart's content.
posted by spitbull at 5:13 PM on December 8, 2012 [1 favorite]

Seriously dump them to a desktop or laptop and work on them there. Never ever ever ever ever edit the originals on your recorder. It's just too darn dangerous! ALWAYS work on a copy. And I'd recommend Audacity
posted by ewan at 4:52 AM on December 9, 2012 [1 favorite]

« Older Four friends are embarking on ...   |  What do I do when a person is ... Newer »