Join 3,363 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Tags:

what are the best resources to find information about Non profit organizations?
December 3, 2012 1:24 PM   Subscribe

what are the best resources to find information about Non profit organizations?

Ideally - I am looking for blogs, websites, databases etc of non profit organizations, what they do, how to get in touch with them, how to find jobs with them etc. There are numerous blogs for tech startups, I couldn't find any good one for non profits
posted by raghuram to Society & Culture (7 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite

idealist
posted by mykescipark at 1:30 PM on December 3, 2012

Guidestar.org covers some basic information; it focuses on the financial side. Is there a particular area or industry that you're interested in? There are many regional and topical sites that cover nonprofits.
posted by jetlagaddict at 1:38 PM on December 3, 2012

Wiser Earth.
posted by alms at 1:43 PM on December 3, 2012

Chronicle of Philanthropy is the industry newspaper.

You might be thinking too broad though. Tech startups is fairly narrow compared to Business for instance. Nonprofits includes universities, hospitals, polo clubs, homeless shelters, local Boy Scout groups, the NRA, etc. Are you interested in environmental nonprofits, tech nonprofits, arts or what?
posted by fieldtrip at 1:54 PM on December 3, 2012

This list doesn't have the blog I'm trying to remember, but does claim to list "The World's Best Non-profit Blogs."
posted by postel's law at 1:57 PM on December 3, 2012

I found it! Check out Blue Avocado.
posted by postel's law at 1:59 PM on December 3, 2012

fieldtrip:

Wow, that looks very good. Thank you
posted by raghuram at 2:29 PM on December 3, 2012

« Older How do I become better at buyi...   |  My friend's son has a band. Th... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.