Such good music

Hey was anyone riding the G this morning? Who was the awesome musician playing his banjo, drum, tambourine? Everyone in the station was feeling it. Here's a sample. Where I can hear more and not just wait until Monday morning?
posted by Ventre Mou to Media & Arts (7 answers total) 14 users marked this as a favorite

I'm not from that area, but your one-man instrument combo made me think of Phillip Roebuck. At the very least it might hold you over until you find the real answer.
posted by Jacob G at 11:51 AM on November 30, 2012 [1 favorite]

Was it Zack Orion? Scroll down for pics/video.
posted by unknowncommand at 12:09 PM on November 30, 2012

Zack Orion often plays on the Metropolitan Ave. platform with the instruments you describe.
posted by gubo at 12:55 PM on November 30, 2012

Is this the same fellow?
posted by fings at 1:04 PM on November 30, 2012

(For future reference, my link was to a video of Morgan O'Kane playing.)
posted by fings at 1:16 PM on November 30, 2012

I was coming in to say Morgan O'Kane too but he's usually at the Bedford L or Union Square L stop. But he's pretty great.
posted by greta simone at 8:42 PM on November 30, 2012

Oh, I love Morgan O'Kane! Dude is righteous! Here's a video of him -- perhaps it'll help you rule him out?

(On that note, if you're into this kind of music may I suggest some Shakey Graves? He's quite similar to O'Kane, busked for Mumford and Sons Railroad Stops a while back and just all around fucking rocks.)
posted by youandiandaflame at 4:54 AM on December 1, 2012

« Older The "jazz up my marriage&...   |  Logo design: is it wrong to us... Newer »