choose the right pathe

I would like to know what options are available to me to enhance (or indeed the opposite) video streams - What I'd specifically like to do is download specific youtube footage (personal use) and render it with a jumpy black and white Pathe film-like quality. What would be the best approach to achieve this? - And please take into account that I have no Apple products to hand and very limited experience in manipulating the moving picture.
posted by mattoxic to Technology (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

If you have Firefox on a Windows PC, install the video download helper add-on. Download the vid from Youtube, which you can either open directly in Windows Movie Maker or you might have to find a video converter (look on download.com) to convert it to a WMM-friendly format. WMM has (IIRC) three levels of jumpy film b/w settings. Easy.

Of course, if you are on a Mac, this is of no help whatsoever.
posted by guy72277 at 12:12 AM on November 28, 2012

Here's a video showing that effect being applied in WMM.
posted by DaddyNewt at 12:18 AM on November 28, 2012

Thanks, that's all I need.
posted by mattoxic at 2:37 AM on November 28, 2012

« Older Please help me remember/locate...   |  Help me find professional base... Newer »