The Turquoise Door in Austin is closing? But . . . but . . .

Since the Turquoise Door in Austin, Texas is closing on December 31st, 2012, where does a person go in order to find jewelry of that sort?

So, I could hardly ever go wrong when I got my lovely wife something from the Turquoise Door on South Congress. They had a lot of Native American and other jewelry. It was mostly silver jewelry with semi-precious gemstones; amber, turquoise, coral, spiny lobster, gaspeite, jasper, lapis lazuli, opal, etc. They had many bracelets, necklaces and rings. They had many matching sets.
Those guys were great. They were always helpful and had great policies about exchanging gifts that were not well received. They knew their stock and often knew the artists. The prices were fair for a small shop in a high rent area.

Where in Austin do I find the same sort of jewelry, especially silver jewelry with amber, gaspeite or turquoise? Good prices and customer service a plus.
posted by Seamus to Shopping (1 answer total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I've bought several pieces from the Turquoise Trading Post over at Burnet/Koenig. They are friendly and seem to know what they are talking about.

I'll also mention Things Celtic, which carries a small selection of jewelry. Lots of silver knotwork as you'd expect, and they usually have a few items from Sheila Fleet, who has some interesting designs.
posted by alienzero at 3:35 PM on November 27, 2012

« Older What is the name of that 1980s...   |  What are some handy, affordabl... Newer »