I'm Just Walking My Dog

I am going to drive from Dallas to Austin in a couple of hours, first road trip with my dog. Does anyone know of any good parks in Waco, not too far off I-35, where we could stop and have a little walk?
posted by ericthegardener to Pets & Animals (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Cameron Park is easily accessed and is pet friendly, I'd definitely recommend checking it out. It is right along the Brazos and is beautiful this time of year.
posted by Jmbridges2 at 6:48 AM on November 21, 2012 [2 favorites]

I don't know about the I-35 ones but some of the newly constructed state rest stops have nice walk / hike areas. There's one around Salado after Waco.

Georgetown has a Bark Park.

Enjoy lovely dog friendly Austin! My favorite dog parks there are Red Bud Isle and Bull Creek. I like to try and hit those when I'm there.
posted by dog food sugar at 8:06 AM on November 21, 2012 [1 favorite]

Stopped at Cameron Park for about an hour this afternoon. It was awesome! I've only ever seen Waco from a highway gas station even though I've been driving through it for thirty years, I didn't know there was any natural beauty there. It will be aregular stop from now on. Thanks so much!
posted by ericthegardener at 6:12 PM on November 21, 2012

« Older !#*! Outlook! Trying to move o...   |  I have this Crate & Barrel... Newer »