Where to take my staff for a great holiday lunch?
November 19, 2012 5:30 PM Subscribe
Need recommendations for a great place to take my staff of seven for a holiday lunch in Chicago Loop/Boul Mich area.
posted by Short Attention Sp to food & drink (3 answers total)
My fallback is Naha, but I'd like to try something newer. I'm looking for a trendy place with a casual atmosphere and memorable food. Some data points:
- MK would work, except I swore I'd never eat there again after a horrible sevice failure
- Something like the Purple Pig is close but no cigar; the menu is too eclectic and I don't think they do groups well
- Bandera has the right atmosphere, but I'm looking for a more interesting menu
- No food factories like Grand Lux Cafe, Heaven on Seven or Joe's Steak and Crab, please
- No steakhouses or meat palaces, please
- No Italian restaurants, please
- Sable in the Palomar Hotel would have worked once, but they changed their menu and I dislike it now
- Shaw's is great, mostly, but I'm looking for something newer/trendier/higher end
- Ethnic is fine, provided that it's popular and will have something that appeals to my picky eaters
Again, think of Naha as a baseline.
Thanks for your ideas!