Looking for a good bag to carry a big and heavy Nikon

Please recommend me a good camera bag in which to carry my Nikon D700 with my Nikkor 24-70 f2.8 attached, preferably including the lens hood.

I live in Vancouver, BC, so good waterproofing is a must. I need minimal room for other stuff, although I would carry along my SB-800 if I could. Thanks!
posted by docgonzo to Shopping (4 answers total)

Probably one of thet Think Tank bags would be best.
posted by Admiral Haddock at 12:05 PM on November 18, 2012

Bag Exposure is a good site to scroll through for nice camera bags. I got a Clik Elite Obscura after seeing it on there and I really like it.
posted by saul wright at 12:11 PM on November 18, 2012

Big fan of just-big-enough camera bags here.

Have a look at the Think Tank Retrospective bags - not sure exactly which would be the perfect one, but the 5 or the 7 would probably suffice. I have had my eye on one of these for quite a while.

I have a couple of small Crumpler bags, which I don't think they make any more (including a Jimmy Bo 500, which would be just right). However, they're very well made, and I'd recommend the brand based on their quality. From their current lineup, the Quick Escape 700 or Cupcake 4000 could do the job.
posted by Magnakai at 1:23 PM on November 18, 2012

I'm a fan of LowePro backpacks - they're expensive at first, but you get a bag that lasts and lasts. My backpack (they make shoulder bags as well) carries everything I need to travel out-of-town for the weekend. Plenty of smaller bags as well :)
posted by chrisinseoul at 3:55 AM on November 19, 2012

« Older Suggestions for a reasonably p...   |  Fiction-research-filter: Spyin... Newer »