Where can I find a watch like this?

I'm looking for a replica of this antique watch (or something similar to it) that I can purchase online. My mother has an antique watch from her grandmother that is very small. It's less than the width of a finger and it has a "jewelry clasp" on the thin leather straps. Is there a name for this style of watch? Or, is there a similar style that you have happened across online? I'm not looking for this exact watch, per se, just something this small and of the style.
posted by john the fourth to Shopping (9 answers total)

I would call that a Ladies Tank Watch
posted by Mchelly at 3:16 PM on November 15, 2012

Hmm, maybe "ladies' bracelet watch"? (One example, from the museum's collection; plug it in as a search term on the site and you'll see others. You might drop them an email containing your question.)
posted by MonkeyToes at 3:21 PM on November 15, 2012

I have been searching all over for "bracelet watch" on various sites and that seems to show just regular watches or chunky solid gold or silver band type watches. From a cursory search, "Tank watch" is getting me closer to something that I'd like to buy.
posted by john the fourth at 3:24 PM on November 15, 2012

Closer? Or this? Maybe terms like vintage Elgin ladies' bracelet watch will be helpful.
posted by MonkeyToes at 3:27 PM on November 15, 2012

Btw, the term "ladies" is what indicates it will likely have a smaller head than a standard watch.
posted by Mchelly at 3:31 PM on November 15, 2012 [1 favorite]

Ladies cord watch seems to be getting me a lot of hits.
posted by elsietheeel at 3:36 PM on November 15, 2012 [1 favorite]

Ack, out of stock. But might be worth an email to Hamilton. This came up under a search for ladies' cocktail watch.
posted by MonkeyToes at 3:43 PM on November 15, 2012

I have one too. My grandmother, who owned it, called it a bracelet watch.
posted by bearwife at 3:48 PM on November 15, 2012

Art Deco ladies cord watch brings up a lot of similar hits.
posted by MaryDellamorte at 3:49 PM on November 15, 2012 [1 favorite]

« Older I feel very ambivalent, like I...   |  How does one go about mediatin... Newer »