How should we go about finding a place to stay for a few months in London?
November 12, 2012 11:14 PM Subscribe
Moving from California to London for three months: how should we go about finding a place to stay in London?
My wife and I are Americans living in the San Francisco Bay Area. Due to work, my wife will be working from London from early January until the end of March. (I'm planning on staying with her for most or all of this time period as well.)
How should we go about finding accommodation in London? Three months is kind of an awkward period of time --- it doesn't seem long enough to rent a regular apartment (flat), but it seems a bit too long to stay in a traditional hotel room. I've looked at a few different sites, from hotels (travelocity, marriott) to more owner rental type sites (homeaway), but I'm not really sure where or how to look for this sort of thing.
Our specific details:
- We probably want to be near Victoria Station (work) or Marylebone (where a friend lives).
- We can't visit any of the places beforehand, but we may be able to send a friend on one or two visits to different locations.
- Space and quiet are fairly important to us.
- We need relatively decent Internet.
- Our budget is fairly substantial, probably in the range of £100-175/day.