The world needs more sweaters like this
November 11, 2012 9:00 PM Subscribe
Looking for an equivalent to the discontinued Gap shaker sweater
posted by doowod to clothing, beauty, & fashion (6 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I have owned a few of these sweaters, loved them, and need to replace them. What I liked about them:
- Heavy (enough to keep me warm during very cold winters)...
- ...but not "fuzzy"
- Cotton... easier on skin than wool (I despise "scratchy" wool sweaters)
- Easy to care for, simple wash and tumble dry low
- Cuffs and waistline were not elastic or stretchy in any way (no 3 inch bands around the wrists or waist)
- Variety of solid colors
- Crew neck (I can do mock neck, but not so much v neck, shawl, or cardigan)
- Did I mention... heavy?
It crushes me that these are not available anymore as they are easily
my favorite sweaters. Any idea on where to find a replacement that is somewhat close?