Help us name our second born so that she/he can live up to the awesomeness of her/his brother.
We are expecting our second baby in May (gender undetermined). Last time around we had a boy and a girl name picked out pretty much immediately, which seemed to go a long way toward making everything seem real. We used our boy name for baby #1, and what we thought was our super-unique-perfect-for-only-us girl name has been used twice by relatively close friends since our kid was born, so I feel like we are back to the drawing board this time around.
Here are some of the loose criteria we have:
1. Nothing currently too popular or trendy. I usually use this
to check a name's popularity over time. Top 20 in the last 20 or so years or top 100 in the last couple years is usually grounds for being blacklisted. I don't want my kid to have a handful of peers with his/her name.
2. I really have a preference for names that mean something in English, like Prudence, Ernest, and Clover but...
3. Our son's name is Basil, and I'm on the fence about whether it would be absurd to use a plant/plant-like name for the next kid.
4. Our last name is English, starts with W and is two syllables long.
5. The Playground Taunt Factor is not a huge concern. Kids will find a reason to make fun or our kids. We'll find a way to handle it.
And here are some names that we have considered, that haven't quite hit the sweet spot:
Richard/Ari (My husband's late father was named Richard. Do you think we can use Ari as a nickname for Richard?)
So, what names are we overlooking? Give us something to work with for these next 7 months!