Chinese history for kids

Is there a good book for an older kid about the history of China? Or, related questions, other great world history books for kids?

My 10 year old and I are just finishing reading A Little History of the World out loud, and we both love it, but despite it's greatness, it gives predictably short-shrift to the history of Asia. I'd love to find a book that talks about the the history of China, so she gets a sense of all the political, technological and cultural advances that happened there first.

We'd also be open to a simply-written history for adults. She's a pretty sophisticated/advanced reader.
posted by latkes to Education (3 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

(Ooo, I wrote "it's". Sad.)
posted by latkes at 8:40 AM on November 2, 2012

The Cartoon History of the Universe and its sequel have some large sections on Asian history. (Contains some violence, etc, but so does history.)
posted by Comrade_robot at 8:48 AM on November 2, 2012 [2 favorites]

nthing Cartoon History of the Universe. Great series of books.
posted by colin_l at 9:23 AM on November 2, 2012

« Older mnml ssgs closed shop this sum...   |  I'd like to get out of Pittsbu... Newer »