We can all agree on needing a drink

Can you suggest a good place in the metro-Boston area, preferably downtown Boston or Cambridge, to be having a drink and a snack on Election Night?

There will be at least two and probably three of us. We like hearing each other talk, drinking, and good snacks. We are voting Democrat this year, so it would be fun if there was a place that had a handy TV for the results and a more or less attentive clientele.
posted by Countess Elena to Travel & Transportation around Boston, MA (3 answers total)

I'd go to Tommy Doyle's in Harvard Square; they're a sports bar and have a ton of TVs, and it's usually pretty darn chill. I'd call them first to see if they'll have it on. You could also consider Tavern on the Square in Porter, which is huge, has many TVs, but is also kind of fratty.
posted by smirkette at 4:15 PM on November 1, 2012

There's also a Tavern in the Square in Central Square in Cambridge, which I loved when I was in school in a few years ago, but it is a sports bar and can get loud (unclear if this will be the case on a Tuesday night though, it would be unusual but I was never around for election day).

Some good quieter bars/restaurants which I'm sure had TVs, and which I would guess would be willing to have at least one on the election and are easily accessible from Harvard Square metro station, are Daedalus and Grafton Street Pub.
posted by dsfan at 8:18 PM on November 1, 2012

Abigail's in Kendal has tvs and a lovely bar. Good drinks, good food, not loud, but a little nicer/pricier (more like Daedalus and Grafton).
posted by ldthomps at 6:07 AM on November 2, 2012

« Older Kung Fu/martial arts movies an...   |  Should I continue my swimming ... Newer »