Let me entertain you and quiz you on random trivia!
October 31, 2012 1:08 PM Subscribe
I'm in charge of hosting a trivia & talent show night for a fundraiser. Need your advice and a few recommendations...
posted by lizbunny to Grab Bag (4 answers total)
We've got a party room in a local pub rented out, expecting about 40. People are responsible for their own drinks, but we've got a free appetizer buffet. We've only got five people signed up for the talent show (2 days away), my fundraiser lead thinks that's an ok number and we should still go ahead. Attendance was good last year and it seems people are planning on coming this year too. So we'll be riding largely on my charisma as host, our trivia, and my ability to get audience participation on-the-spot. I know it's mostly about just having fun with it all, but I've got a few things to ask of you:
1. One lady wants to sing a song karaoke-style, I'm not inclined to lay out cash for renting a machine and disks - has anyone tried out any good PC or Mac karaoke software? Preferably freeware?
2. What are some things I could probably get audience members to come up and perform? what mini competitions for prizes can you think of?
3. I need your favorite trivia / pub quiz databases and websites!
4. Links to good clean jokes to tell
5. Your tips/tricks of being a pub trivia master/host, and whatever else you can tell me about being the ringmaster of such events!
We'll be renting 2 wireless mics, I've got a laptop, and there's audio jacks to hook up to the sound board upstairs and pipe audio back down to the speakers in our room.
Thanks in advance!