Help us find the Whoa oh song!

Help me find this song! My wife and I have been trying to find a song we keep hearing in commercials and in Football stadiums, but can't figure out what it is. The main part of the song is a chorus singing "Whoa oh, whoa oh ohhh oh, woah oh ohhh oh, woah oh".

My wife thinks there might be other words in the song too, but most of it is what's written there. We've heard in commercials recently, but can't remember which ones. We've also heard it being played at NFL Football stadium on TV usually as the broadcast is going to commercial. It's driving us crazy!
posted by SeeTheTurtle to Media & Arts (13 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Seven Nation Army?
posted by fancypants at 2:23 PM on October 30, 2012

Rock and Roll Part 2 by Gary Glitter
posted by davebush at 2:23 PM on October 30, 2012

Good Time by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen?
posted by emyd at 2:23 PM on October 30, 2012

You don't mean Rock & Roll Part II, do you?
posted by catlet at 2:25 PM on October 30, 2012

I changed my mind, now I think it's Some Nights by Fun.
posted by emyd at 2:25 PM on October 30, 2012 [6 favorites]

I think emyd has it.
posted by Aizkolari at 2:27 PM on October 30, 2012

emyd has it. Some Nights.
posted by coppermoss at 2:28 PM on October 30, 2012

Arcade Fire maybe?
posted by mannequito at 2:32 PM on October 30, 2012

If it's older (shaddup, I'm not ancient), I'm gonna suggest Baltimora - Tarzan Boy.
posted by straw at 2:32 PM on October 30, 2012

Kernkraft 400?
posted by hovizette at 2:40 PM on October 30, 2012

I agree that it's Some Nights. But they have sampled the woah ohs from Cecilia by Simon and Garfunkel.

Bugged me for a while when I first heard it because it sounded so familiar.
posted by poxandplague at 2:41 PM on October 30, 2012 [2 favorites]

Emyd, that's it! We've been trying to figure this out forever. My wife's going to ecstatic!

Poxandplague, I can't believe I hadn't realized that it sampled from Cecilia. I love Simon and Garfunkel, so you would think I would have picked up on that earlier.

Thanks Metafilter! Four minutes from question to answer - that's impressive!
posted by SeeTheTurtle at 2:52 PM on October 30, 2012 [1 favorite]

i think i've been looking for the song that you've been looking for. is this what it sounds like (i played it real slow cause i'm not so good at piano)?
posted by defmute at 4:17 PM on October 30, 2012

« Older Pretty sure I don't want to ge...   |  I want to drive [in a Scion Xb... Newer »