(RSSfilter) I I Am Am Seeing Seeing Double Double

The blog title is doubled in the RSS Feed How do I get rid of the duplicate ? The blog is going to be a photo only blog, no titles - Is that a contributing factor ? Is it a bad WP install to blame ? The WP title ? Where/how can I edit the blog title in the RSS feed ? This thing is driving me nuts !
posted by Webbster to Computers & Internet (4 answers total)

Without knowing too much about how your blog is set up...the first place to look would be in your wp-includes directory, particularly the feed.php and feed-rss2.php files. Look in the first for 'function wp_title_rss' and the second for ?phpbloginfo_rss('name') and see if there's anything there that looks like it's doubling up.
posted by Sparx at 1:48 PM on October 28, 2012

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but have you tried deleting it and signing up again?
posted by KRS at 4:04 PM on October 28, 2012

Doublecheck General Settings > Site Title - if you change it to a single letter, does it still double? I'd save the single letter as the new title, and see if its there twice.

If you disable all plugins, does the double still appear?
posted by artlung at 4:19 PM on October 28, 2012

Disabled all plugins. Nothing.
I'm thinking maybe it's a bad install.
Also I imported the posts from Blogger and that might have messed things.
Still looking...
posted by Webbster at 8:54 PM on October 28, 2012

« Older My state, like many, has refer...   |  Is there an application for OS... Newer »