Who is the rude one?
October 25, 2012 8:26 PM Subscribe
What is appropriate in terns of modifying a home cooked meal?
posted by bq to food & drink (63 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
Andy and Barbara are married. Three or four times a week Andy cooks dinner, which they eat together about ten minutes after Barbara gets home from work. Assume that Andy's cooking is no better than mediocre but he does make an effort to cook meals that are generally healthy and tasty, and chooses from a repertoire of foods which Andy and Barbara both enjoy. Andy sets the table before Barbara returns home.
Where do the following actions fall on a scale from 'normal and tasty' to 'rude and insulting' when performed by Barbara?
1) adding soy sauce or ketchup to a plated dish
2) reheating in the microwave food that has cooled due to tardiness to table
3) getting tortillas from the cupboard to make burritos out of the prepared meal
4) making pasta to go with a meal that is fully prepared and includes a starch such as potatoes or rice
5) returning a fully cooked dish to the stove in order to add an additional vegetable (example - adding tomatoes to a cooked stir-fry)