"Hall of the Mountain King", female singer, banjo accompaniment, who is it?

I think it's a cover of "Hall of the Mountain King" by Rainbow, sung by a female singer with banjo accompaniment. Unfortunately, I don't know who it was.

I was listening to the radio on the way to the drugstore today--can't tell you what station--and heard a song I was really digging. I think it was a cover of Hall of the Mountain King by Rainbow (the lyrics seem right), but it was sung by a female singer in an eerie voice and a bluegrassy/banjo accompaniment played very slowly. Think like a Nouvelle Vague cover, but with more banjo and creepier vocals. I really enjoyed it and would love to buy it and could kick myself for not having my phone so I could Shazam it.
posted by Ghostride The Whip to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

Is it this

His name is Alive
posted by svenvog at 9:40 AM on October 26, 2012

Right track, but her voice was a little deeper and a little weirder.
posted by Ghostride The Whip at 10:54 AM on October 26, 2012

Uh, Hall of the Mountain King? That is Man on the Silver Mountain.
posted by Canageek at 11:23 AM on October 26, 2012

« Older Chinese pop music question. W...   |  I accidentally (and deliciousl... Newer »