My boyfriend and I have decided to potentially "skip Christmas" this year because my family's plans are super-low key due to my Mom having to work and his family will be traveling. So we've decided to go on a vacation together, just the two of us.
We need some ideas! Here are our parameters:
- We'd be traveling from December 22nd and would be home on the 29th, but could extend our stay to be home on January 2nd.
- We'd be flying from Boston and prefer someplace outside the US. Bonus if it's a warm place, although we're kind of Carribbean'd out. "Warm" can also mean 50F to us, we just want to get away from snow-weather.
- We'd be looking to spend $2,500-3,000 per person for our max, including airfare. It doesn't have to be an all-inclusive package thing, we aren't shy about booking stuff ourselves, but we don't want to exceed this - under is always good!
- We want something non-touristy!
This is probably the most important thing, but culture or outdoor activities would be perfect (beach, biking, hiking, snorkeling, kayaking, horseback riding - we're totally open to any of this). We like roughing it and getting dirty - our last vacation was a 5 day cycling tour of the western coast of Ireland where we stayed in hostels/local B&Bs. Loved it.
- We don't want a cruise.
- We don't need fancy accommodations, just a safe, clean room and bed. I was looking at possibly an apartment rental on Homeaway
, so something along those lines maybe?
- We love going out to eat/food/etc. and typically do one major meal out on our vacations and then just do grocery/snacks/street vendors for the rest of the day.
- We aren't afraid of taking public transport but would prefer not to rent a car (but would consider it for a day or two).
Lay it on me!!