Spend the Dough to Make it Go?
October 24, 2012 10:05 AM Subscribe
1. The truck's broke. 2. It would cost about half it's meager value to fix. 3. I'm ready for a new vehicle. So, do I........?
posted by ecorrocio to travel & transportation around Colorado (10 answers total)
A. Fix truck and sell it? (on paper, makes sense, but worth the hassle?)
B. Have it towed home and try to sell it as is? (do people buy vehicles that don't move?)
C. Donate truck?
- Ford Ranger, works fine, but poorly maintained (that's me and that's a whole nuther story). So resale value is questionable.
- Broken clutch
- $1200 to fix
- Into it for tow and diagnosis labor already - maybe $200
- Truck worth maybe $2500 if working.
- I've kind of been making stupid decisions with this vehicle all along. I'd like to avoid another.