Things to do in Melbourne and Perth.
October 23, 2012 6:32 PM Subscribe
I will soon be visiting Melbourne and Perth. Please tell me about your favourite hangouts and gin joints!
I'm Australian, but have been living in London for the past few years. I've previously lived in both Perth and Melbourne—but it's a while since I visited, so I'd love some recommendations.
I'm especially interested hearing about your favourite:
- record shops
- dumpling houses and yum cha joints
- inexpensive noms
- cultural funtimes
- live indie music venues
- weird/spooky business
To give you a sense of what I enjoy, here are some things I already have planned:
- Lygon Street trip including Cinema Nova, Readings Bookshop and cake at Brunetti's
- Fed Square and film at ACMI
- hand roll sushi from Bourke Street mall
- snacks from Queen Victoria Market
- stroll through Botanical Gardens
- movie at the Astor and/or Westgarth cinema
- dumplings in Chinatown
- record shopping in Prahran
- general Brunswick Street perambulation
- indie gigs at the gasometer and John Curtin Ballroom
PERTH / FREMANTLE / (oh god help me) ROCKINGHAM / BUSSELTON
- fish and chips at cicerello's
- some sort of boat trip
- dada records
Thanking you in advance!