Things to do in Melbourne and Perth.
October 23, 2012 6:32 PM Subscribe
I will soon be visiting Melbourne and Perth. Please tell me about your favourite hangouts and gin joints!
posted by hot soup girl to travel & transportation around Australia (11 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
I'm Australian, but have been living in London for the past few years. I've previously lived in both Perth and Melbourne—but it's a while since I visited, so I'd love some recommendations.
I'm especially interested hearing about your favourite:
- record shops
- dumpling houses and yum cha joints
- inexpensive noms
- cultural funtimes
- live indie music venues
- weird/spooky business
To give you a sense of what I enjoy, here are some things I already have planned:
- Lygon Street trip including Cinema Nova, Readings Bookshop and cake at Brunetti's
- Fed Square and film at ACMI
- hand roll sushi from Bourke Street mall
- snacks from Queen Victoria Market
- stroll through Botanical Gardens
- movie at the Astor and/or Westgarth cinema
- dumplings in Chinatown
- record shopping in Prahran
- general Brunswick Street perambulation
- indie gigs at the gasometer and John Curtin Ballroom
PERTH / FREMANTLE / (oh god help me) ROCKINGHAM / BUSSELTON
- fish and chips at cicerello's
- some sort of boat trip
- dada records
Thanking you in advance!