Help me find the hoodie from Prometheus

I have finally seen Prometheus and am now involved in a difficult emotional relationship with that movie. I feel that this relationship would be a lot easier if I could have something like the hoodie this idiot wears. My twitchy, obsessive googling has not borne much useful fruit as to anywhere that I could currently purchase such an item to be worn. DIFFICULTY LEVEL: MEN'S XXL SIZE.
posted by whitneyarner to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (11 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite

Try "snood hoodie" instead of "cowl hoodie."
posted by griphus at 12:03 PM on October 23, 2012

There are a bunch of options linked from this thread on PrometheusForum.net; anything work from there?
posted by bcwinters at 12:05 PM on October 23, 2012

Looks similar to the Fruit of the Loom Seattle Snoodie.
posted by xyzzy at 12:05 PM on October 23, 2012

Searching for "turtleneck hoodie" brought me to this, although it doesn't have the drawstrings.
posted by Faint of Butt at 12:12 PM on October 23, 2012

Yeah, I shook down that thread pretty hard, bcwinters. Stuff's either not available or not available for someone of my girth. I guess I should also add added difficulty level: must ship to USA!
posted by whitneyarner at 12:18 PM on October 23, 2012

You might have good luck commissioning one in your perfect size and color from one of the people on Etsy who make men's clothing. I glanced around Etsy and found several cowlneck hoodies for men, but they weren't exactly like the one you linked to.
posted by erst at 12:36 PM on October 23, 2012 [1 favorite]

Maybe you should ask ThinkGeek to make one. :)
posted by xyzzy at 12:53 PM on October 23, 2012 [1 favorite]

This one is pretty close, except for the color obviously. Comes in xxl and ships to the US (for free even!).
posted by grapesaresour at 1:01 PM on October 23, 2012

Throwing a box of cash and my measurements at someone who knows how to sew will probably be the path I end up taking, but I also put this question to Tumblr, and someone provided this helpful post, for anyone who comes seeking knowledge in this post in the future.
posted by whitneyarner at 2:03 PM on October 23, 2012

It was probably purpose-made by the costumers for the film. Sort of a "What would a hoodie evolve into?" thing. A familiar-ish article of clothing yet just different enough.
posted by Thorzdad at 2:25 PM on October 23, 2012

I was never able to find something or have something made, until today my stepmom pulled this seemingly out of thin air at the mall, and BY GOD, IT IS CLOSE ENOUGH. That cowl neck totally hoodies up.
posted by whitneyarner at 6:14 PM on December 26, 2012

« Older What is "The Organization...   |  I'm having a difficult time fi... Newer »