How to turn Google Forms results back into the forms that were submitted?

Using Google Forms, is there any easy to to turn a form response (displayed as a line on a spreadsheet) back into the form that was submitted so it can be printed or saved as a PDF?

Basically, I want to be able to save copies of the forms looking how they did when they were submitted. I'm sure it's possible to make a spreadsheet that pulls info from the results spreadsheet and displays the results in a way similar to the to the original form, but it seems like someone should have already figured out how to just reconstitute the forms.
posted by a box and a stick and a string and a bear to Technology (1 answer total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Not using Google Forms, to the best of my knowledge.

You're basically looking to set the "value" of each field to whatever's in the spreadsheet, for each of the rows. Google Forms is a nice tool, but it's definitely not configured for something like this, and you're probably not going to find anything in the "easy to use" pile that would allow you to perform this functionality.

You could easily do this with some working PHP knowledge just by rewriting the form, looping through the records, and pushing the values to each form field, but again, Google Forms doesn't really allow for this at all.
posted by disillusioned at 2:21 AM on October 19, 2012

« Older Looking for a great book/artic...   |  My fiancee and I moved to Chic... Newer »